Get Help Now
Contact a Lawyer in
North or South Carolina.
Michael T. Brown, Jr.
Workers’ Compensation Practice Group Leader
Mike grew up Duplin County, N.C., in a farming and small business family. He enjoys beach music, working in his yard, gardening and fishing. He’s a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist, an attorney certified by the North Carolina State Bar’s Board of Legal Specialization. This requires a minimum of five years (Michael has 10 years) of experience in workers’ compensation law, extensive continuing legal education, peer review and passing a written examination. In 2012, Mike was elected a 2012 Super Lawyers® Rising Star by his peers, which recognizes attorneys under age 40 who excel in their respective practice areas. He’s also the author of The Workers’ Compensation Playbook, An Employee’s Guide to Understanding Workers’ Compensation in North Carolina.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- Campbell University School of Law, J.D.
Bar Admissions and Memberships:
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association – Former Workers’ Compensation Board Member
- Guilford County Bar Association
- Admission to U.S. District Court – Middle & Western Districts of North Carolina
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice – Workers’ Compensation Section
- NC State Bar Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist