Get Help Now
Contact a Lawyer in
North or South Carolina.
NORTH CAROLINA TRUCK ACCIDENT FAQ
List of Commonly Asked Questions about Truck Accidents
1. What should I do after a truck accident?
After a truck accident, the first thing you should do is seek medical attention. Truck accidents can cause severe injuries, and it’s important for a doctor to treat any injuries you may have suffered. A doctor also can rule out any internal injuries.
Next, you should call an experienced North Carolina truck accident attorney to stand up for your rights. At Crumley Roberts, we have more than 25 years of experience helping injured victims, and we’ll make sure the insurance company doesn’t take advantage of you. Just dial or fill out our free initial consultation form, and let us focus on the legal work while you focus on getting better.
2. How can an attorney help me?
Truck accidents are complicated, so having a qualified truck accident lawyer on your side is important. At Crumley Roberts, we’re here to help you throughout the entire legal process, including:
- investigating your accident to determine its cause,
- using our knowledge of the law and the trucking industry to build your case,
- making sure all your accident-related paperwork is completed on time,
- and standing up for your rights against the insurance company.
3. What should I do if I get a settlement offer?
If an insurance adjuster contacts you with a settlement offer, it’s important that you don’t sign anything without first speaking with an attorney. Signing paperwork immediately after the accident can often mean signing away your rights to full compensation. Insurance companies are in business to make money, and it’s the adjuster’s job to pay you as little as possible—don’t give him that opportunity.
4. What are common causes of truck accidents?
There are many causes of truck accidents, including:
- a driver’s lack of sleep,
- distracted driving,
- driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol,
- overloading a truck,
- poor truck maintenance,
- and many more common causes of trucking accidents.
Other drivers also have a responsibility to drive safely near big trucks by avoiding no-zones and giving trucks plenty of room when changing lanes or braking. Our truck accident lawyers have investigated the causes of many truck accidents, and we have the resources to determine what caused your truck accident, too.
5. How can I get compensation for my truck accident?
In order to receive compensation for your truck accident, you must first prove who or what caused it. The truck accident attorneys at Crumley Roberts will work hard to prove who was responsible for your accident, and we’ll do everything we can to help you get the compensation you need to move on with your life.