Get Help Now
Contact a Lawyer in
North or South Carolina.
WRONGFUL DEATH DAMAGES
North Carolina Wrongful Death Lawyers
Losing a loved one is not only an emotional loss; it can be a financial loss as well. You may be responsible for your loved one’s medical bills and expenses, and you could even be facing lost income if your loved one was a provider for your home and family.
We know that you have enough on your shoulders when you’re dealing with someone’s passing. Finding a way to support your family financially shouldn’t be another challenge to overcome. The North Carolina wrongful death lawyers at Crumley Roberts may be able to help you recover the compensation you need to support your family.
By North Carolina law, you may be able to collect damages for your loved one’s wrongful death, including:
- expenses for care, treatment, and hospitalization your loved one incurred, resulting in death.
- compensation for the decedent’s pain and suffering.
- reasonable funeral expenses.
- the present monetary value of the decedent to the persons entitled to receive the damages recovered.
- the services, protection, care, and assistance the decedent provided to the persons entitled to the damages recovered.
- society, companionship, comfort, guidance, kindly offices, and advice the decedent provided to the persons entitled to the damages recovered.
- punitive damages—or those that “punish” the at-fault party—the decedent could have recovered had the decedent survived.
- punitive damages for your loved one’s death if caused through malice or willful or wanton conduct.
- nominal damages—or those that indicate an injury was sustained—when the jury so finds.
Determining what damages your family may be entitled to can be complex. Our wrongful death lawyers can help. We know the law, and we know how the system works. Call us today at or complete a free initial consultation form. We’re available 24/7.Free Initial Consultation