Flu Season Safety Points
With flu season coming up, it is important to take precautionary measures to be prepared. The flu is an infection of the nose, throat and lungs. Each year, about 20,000 children younger than 5 are hospitalized from flu complications.
Signs/Symptoms of the flu
- Fever or Chills
- Sore Throat
- Runny/Stuffy Nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Some may have vomiting/diarrhea
Here are some precautionary measures to take:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, not your hands. Throw the tissue away.
- Stay away from people who are sick
- Wash hands often with soap and water and hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Keep surfaces like bedside tables, bathroom counters, kitchen counters and children’s toys clean by wiping down with a household disinfectant
- Get a flu vaccine. Many grocery stores and drug stores are offering them now.