Hometown: Kings Mountain, NC – School: Cleveland Community College Edly Massanga will pursue a degree in Foreign Languages and Education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill this fall. Edly served as the President of Phi Theta Kappa at Cleveland Community College and worked as a substitute teacher in Cleveland County Schools. She is fluent in French, Haitian Creole, and English, and is learning Spanish. Edly has maintained a perfect 4.0 grade point average in her studies at Cleveland Community College while working to help support her family in Haiti. Her professors glow at her commitment to her studies and to her dream of teaching language as a way of crafting global citizens. We are proud to announce Edly Massanga as a recipient of the 2017 Crumley Roberts Next Step Scholarship.
Crumley Roberts firmly believes in continued learning as a key to success. As such, we have developed two scholarship programs to help college-bound students in North Carolina pursue their dreams: the Next Step Scholarship and the Founder’s Scholarship. The Next Step Scholarship is awarded to North Carolina community college students who will be transferring to an accredited four-year college or university in the coming fall. To date, Crumley Roberts has provided over $215,000 in scholarships and technology for North Carolina students.
The 2017 Next Step Scholarship Selection Committee
- Tamara Clarke – Head of Administration, City of Greensboro
- Paul Russ – VP of Marketing and Development at Hospice and Palliative Care
- Stephanie Frazier – Lead Client Executive for Level 3 Communications
- Lynn Wooten – VP of Marketing and Public Relations at Well Spring Retirement Center
- Eleanor Schaffner-Mosh – Executive Director Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of the Triad