Charlotte Truck Accident Attorneys
Treating You with Respect and Care
Truck accidents are some of the most dangerous crashes on the road, but contrary to popular belief, they are not always caused by the truck drivers themselves. Propelled to meet unrealistic hours and to violate federal trucking laws, truck drivers may face significant pressure from their carrier companies that can often contribute to the tragic events of an accident.
Our experienced Charlotte attorneys at Crumley Roberts can stand up for you and help you get to the bottom of your tractor trailer accident. We understand the federal regulations and requirements that truck companies need to meet, and we can hold these organizations accountable in cases where negligence occurred.
What Causes Truck Accidents?
Just like any motor vehicle driver, truck drivers are prone to dangerous carelessness or negligence. But because truck companies are suffering from a nationwide shortage of personnel, they often push drivers too hard to meet unreasonable goals. These violations can make the carrier company ultimately liable for your injuries, although this may not always be the case.
Here are some common causes for truck accidents:
- Improper or absent maintenance work,
- Defective truck parts,
- Truck driver negligence such as drinking or speeding,
- Overloaded or imbalanced truck loads,
- Failure to adjust for changing weather conditions,
- Improper truck driver training from the company, and
- FMCSA Hours of Service of Drivers Final Rule violations.
Navigating Complex Truck Accident Claims
Due to the increasing demand for fast shipping by many major retailers, many smaller trucking businesses lease their trucks out to larger trucking companies as the seasons change. Because of this structure, larger truck companies have considerable resources at their disposal, including major insurance companies that have a vested interest in denying your truck accident claim.
There’s no need to worry when you call Crumley Roberts, as we can handle the following on your behalf:
- Filing your insurance claim along with a demand letter and the amount requested;
- Negotiating with the truck company’s insurer and fighting on your behalf for a fair settlement;
- Investigating your truck accident claim with our qualified in-house team; and
- Evaluating the true value of your claim, including medical costs, lost wages, psychological and emotional trauma, and damage to your vehicle.
With a servant’s heart and a friendly approach, our caring staff will welcome you and will ask how you’re doing in the wake of your serious accident. Offering much more than just skilled legal counsel, the truck accident lawyers of Crumley Roberts strive to be trusted friends and allies for you during this difficult time — and to get the financial recovery you need, no matter who we’re up against.
Do you need assistance with a truck accident claim in Charlotte? Call (866) 691-0607 today for more information!