We Are Crumley Roberts

Nursing Home Abuse FAQ

North Carolina Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers

Are you interested in learning more about nursing home abuse? Crumley Roberts has the answers you need. While we can answer specific questions and address your immediate concerns during a free consultation, we have also compiled answers to some of the most common questions our nursing home abuse lawyers receive.

What are some common types of nursing home abuse?

Nursing home abuse can take on many forms and may be physical, emotional, sexual, or financial in nature. Some common types include malnutrition, physical abuse, excessive restraints, poor hygiene, overbilling, and residents being denied care.

Where can I report nursing home abuse?

In North Carolina, you can contact the Division of Health Service Regulation at (800) 624-3004. For more information and to print or review complaint forms, click here.

In South Carolina, you can contact the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) at (803) 545-4300. For more information on the DHEC Division of Nursing Homes and how to file a complaint, click here.

If someone is seriously injured and in need of emergency medical treatment, or is in a life-threatening situation, call 911.

Is there anything I can do to prevent my loved one from being abused or neglected?

In addition to reviewing a facility’s licensing and inspection reports, you can take preventative measures by personally visiting the nursing home or assisted living facility. Make sure you tour the facility and take the time to talk to the people who will be dealing with your loved one on a regular basis. After your loved one is at the facility, make unannounced visits whenever possible, as this will help you get a better idea of the real level of care they are receiving. Keep in close communication with your loved one and watch for any emotional changes, injuries, or other signs that may indicate abuse or neglect.

Why does nursing home abuse occur?

Nursing home abuse and neglect may occur because of improper or inadequate training, understaffing, or outright wrongdoing. No matter the cause, it is important to act if you suspect any type of abuse or neglect.

What type of compensation may I be able to receive?

An elderly patient who has suffered as a result of nursing home abuse may be able to receive compensation for medical care, ongoing medical treatment, pain, suffering, damage to personal property, and emotional trauma. By reviewing your case, we can determine its potential value and the type of compensation to which your loved one may be entitled.

For more information, please call us at (866) 691-0607.

Nursing Home Abuse FAQ

View More

Crumley Roberts,

We care about you like we care about our family.
  • Please enter your name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.