North & South Carolina SSD Appeal Attorneys
When You Come to Our Firm, You Become a Part of Our Family
Did you know that more than half of all initial Social Security Disability (SSD) claims are denied? With this high denial rate, it is important to understand how to file an appeal in order to pursue the benefits you need. You will need to gather the appropriate information and documents to file your appeal and must do so in a timely manner to protect your right to benefits.
At Crumley Roberts, we represent clients across North Carolina and South Carolina in Social Security Disability appeals. We realize how difficult it can be to deal with an SSD claim while disabled, which is why we provide a shoulder to lean on and place your needs first while we file your appeal.
At Crumley Roberts, we care like family. Our Social Security Disability attorneys are here to lend a helping hand when you need it most.
Appealing Your Social Security Disability Benefits
If your SSD claim was denied for medical reasons, you can request an appeal online. You will need to gather your personal information and medical information as well as supporting documents and provide these so the SSA can review its decision. Some such information may include:
- Your name, Social Security number, address, and phone number
- The Date of Denial by the SSA
- The name, address, and phone number of your representative
- The name, address, and phone number of a friend or relative who knows about your medical condition
- A description of any changes to your medical conditions, or any new conditions you are experiencing, since you filed your claim
- Any new medical information, including tests, visits, and treatments you have received since you filed your claim
- A description of any changes in your daily activities, education, and work since you filed your claim
- Any additional documents that can help the SSA make a decision about your claim
For more information and help with your SSD appeal, please call our offices at (866) 691-0607.