Applying for SSD Benefits
North Carolina Social Security Disability Attorneys
For the best chances of being approved for Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, you need to file your application properly and with all the supporting documentation that the Social Security Administration (SSA) requires. This is easier said than done, which is why we have supplied some helpful insight here.
In addition to reviewing the information here on this website, we welcome you to call our offices any time for a free consultation. At Crumley Roberts, we are passionate about helping people just like you pursue SSD benefits. No matter who you are or where you come from, you have the right to seek disability benefits. Our team is here to support and guide you through this often-complicated process.
How to Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits
You can apply for Social Security Disability benefits online, can call (800) 772-1213, or can visit your local Social Security office. If you decide to file in person, you should call and make an appointment first.
You should apply for benefits as soon as you become disabled. There is a six-month waiting period that begins the first full month after the SSA approves your disability claim, so it is important to file your application as soon as possible.
You will also need to make sure you include all pertinent information and documentation so the SSA has all the evidence it needs to approve your claim. This may include:
- Your date of birth, place of birth, and Social Security number
- Your spouse’s name, date and place of birth, and Social Security number
- Your minor children’s names and dates of birth
- Your bank account number and routing number
- The name and contact information of a person who knows about your medical condition and can help with your application
Detailed information about your medical condition, including:
- Names, addresses, patient ID numbers, phone numbers, and dates of treatment for all hospitals and medical facilities you have visited
- Names of any medication you are taking and who prescribed these
- Names and dates of any medical tests you have had and who ordered these
- The amount of money you earned last year and this year
- The name and address of your employers for last year and this year
- A copy of your Social Security Statement
- A list of up to 5 jobs you have had in the past 15 years, and the dates you held these jobs
- Information regarding workers’ compensation or other work-related or government benefits you have filed for or intend to file for
For more information and help with your SSD application, please call Crumley Roberts at (866) 691-0607. We look forward to hearing from you.