We Are Crumley Roberts

Crumley Roberts, Helping You Through Life's Most Difficult Moments

Workers’ Compensation FAQ

North & South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Attorneys

It can be difficult to understand the ins and outs of workers’ compensation laws as they apply to your work-related injury or illness. At Crumley Roberts, we are prepared to offer insight regarding your unique case when you call our offices.

Below, we have also compiled answers to some of the most frequently asked questions to provide some basic information about workers’ compensation.

We are here to help protect your right to workers’ compensation benefits. If you don’t see your question below, we invite you to contact us for a free consultation!

What types of injuries are covered by workers’ compensation?

Workers’ compensation covers any type of injury that is work-related. This may include minor or severe injuries to any part of the body, as long as they occurred in the course of one’s employment: at work or while performing one’s job duties. Workers’ compensation also provides benefits to families of workers who have lost their lives in work-related accidents or from occupational diseases.

Does workers’ comp provide benefits for illnesses or diseases?

Workers’ compensation does provide benefits for work-related illnesses and occupational diseases. This may include illnesses caused by hazardous exposure at the workplace as well as specific conditions: carpal tunnel syndrome, hearing loss, loss of eyesight, skin diseases, computer vision syndrome, lung disease, and more.

How long do I have to report a work-related injury or illness?

You have 30 days to report the situation to your employer if you work in North Carolina. If you work in South Carolina, you have 90 days to report your injury or illness to your employer. You should always report your injury in writing and should keep a copy as proof.

What does workers’ compensation cover?

Workers’ compensation provides benefits for medical treatment, medication, medical supplies, travel to and from medical appointments, and a portion of your wages while you are unable to work. It may also cover funeral costs and future wages for families of workers who have lost their lives in work accidents.

What if my claim was denied?

If your workers’ compensation claim was denied, you can file an appeal. This usually involves an administrative hearing before a workers’ comp judge who will hear your case and decide if benefits should be awarded.

For more information, please call our offices at (866) 691-0607.

Do I Qualify for Workers' Compensation?

View More

Crumley Roberts,

we care about you like we care about our family.
  • Please enter your name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.