If you or someone you love has been injured because of another’s negligent or wrongful conduct, you may wonder what to expect if you pursue legal action. This can be an extremely confusing and disheartening time, and the personal injury attorneys at Crumley Roberts are here to help. Our kind, compassionate team are here to help you through life’s most difficult moments.
Here, you can learn more about what to expect in the legal process of filing a personal injury lawsuit in North Carolina. While every case is different, the following information can prepare you for what it is like to work with our firm and how your case may progress:
- First, be sure to seek medical treatment. Your health is of the utmost importance, and immediate medical treatment can help you get on the road to recovery. It will also help to have a medical professional diagnose your condition so we can more accurately assess the value of your claim.
- The second step will be to evaluate your claim. Your attorney and case manager will begin working to determine the true value of your claim. This may include medical bills, lost earnings, property damage, and all other factors that could influence the amount of money you could be entitled to receive for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
- We will then send a demand letter to the insurance company, which will detail your injuries and losses to show how your life has been impacted.
- After that, your attorney will begin to negotiate your settlement. The insurance company will most likely send a settlement offer upon receiving our demand letter, and we will review this offer with you very carefully to see if it will truly cover all of your expenses. If we believe it is unfair or underhanded, we will work to negotiate for a fair amount.
- The final step will be to try to resolve your claim. We will work tirelessly to reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, and if we do, we will notify you as soon as possible. The insurance company will provide a settlement check, which will be deposited into our Interest on Lawyers Trust Account (IOLTA) and cleared by the bank so you can receive your funds. This process usually takes about five to seven days.
we Care Like Family
We Listen to Learn
We Do What’s Right
If we cannot negotiate a fair settlement, we will be prepared to take your case to trial in the pursuit of a jury award in your favor. As always, our goal will be to do what is right and what is best for you. When you come to our firm, you become a part of our family. We will put your concerns and needs first in our minds.
Call (866) 691-0607 today to learn more about how a personal injury lawyer can help you.