North & South Carolina Qui Tam Lawyers
Whistleblower Cases & The False Claims Act
If you have knowledge of fraud against the government, you may be able to recover a reward if you file a successful qui tam lawsuit against the at-fault party under the False Claims Act. The False Claims Act protects whistleblowers and provides rewards to those who expose government fraud, such as healthcare fraud, defense contractor fraud, and financial fraud.
Having a lawyer on your side can make all the difference if you have evidence of fraud against the government. Exposing your employer’s fraudulent activity could put you at risk for losing your job, but having a lawyer on your side who can bring a Qui Tam action can help protect you.
Crumley Roberts is here to help you. Our North and South Carolina Qui Tam attorneys can protect your job and your rights under the False Claims Act. We can help you take the necessary steps to not only expose government fraud but to claim a reward to compensate you for taking the time and risk to do the right thing. At Crumley Roberts, we care like family, listen to learn, and do what’s right.
Understanding Qui Tam Actions & Whistleblower Rights
- Qui Tam lawsuits are filed “under seal,” hidden from everyone except the government to give the Justice Department time to investigate.
- The False Claims Act provides a 60-day seal for Qui Tam actions, but this is typically extended multiple times to allow the government investigation to continue.
- A defendant found liable under the False Claims Act may have to pay as much as three times the government’s losses, plus penalties.
- The government may intervene, or join, in a Qui Tam lawsuit but only does so in a small percentage of cases.
- A whistleblower may recover 15-20% of a settlement or award from a Qui Tam lawsuit if the government intervenes and 25-30% if the government does not intervene.
- Whistleblowers are offered job protection under the False Claims Act.
To learn more about whistleblower claims and your rights, please call us at (866) 691-0607. Our phone lines are open 24/7 for you.