Food Poisoning Lawsuits
How Foodborne Illnesses Occur
Pathogens are common in most foods, but proper cleaning and cooking practices are intended to get rid of most of these and make the end product safe to eat. Patrons and customers can develop serious, painful illnesses when restaurant staff members do not follow appropriate safety protocol and prescribed food preparation standards.
You can get food poisoning from virtually any kind of meat. Milk, yogurt, and other dairy products also carry around their fair share of contaminants, and the same is true of eggs, water, and any other foods that possibly have been contaminated by fecal matter during its production.
Symptoms of Food Poisoning
You may have eaten contaminated food if you are experiencing any of the following:
- Stomach pain
- Severe cramps
- General lethargy and weakness
- Migraines and headaches
- Blood in your urine or stool
Common forms of food poisoning include:
- Campylobacter enteritis (Typically comes from improperly cooked meat or contaminated veggies, water, or dairy products);
- E. Coli virus (Typically comes from green, leafy vegetables and beef products that have not been subject to proper cleaning);
- Salmonella (Can come from a wide variety of food sources that may have been contaminated by soil);
- Listeria (Typically comes from fruit and dairy products and is common among people with weak or compromised immune systems);
- Hepatitis A (Also called “Hep A,” typically occurs because of ingesting fecal matter); and
- Norovirus (Can come through drinks, meat, fruit, vegetables, and virtually any other source).
Food Poisoning Attorneys Serving North Carolina
Our team at Crumley Roberts exists to serve you and protect your best interests, especially when your health and well-being are threatened due to the negligence of another person, entity, or even restaurant staff. Food poisoning has serious and sometimes deadly effects on restaurant visitors as eating contaminated food can be disastrous for your health.
If it happens to you or someone you love, you shouldn’t be on the hook for medical expenses, funeral costs, or other financial losses related to food poisoning or contamination. For their negligence, error, or carelessness the establishment or persons who caused your illness should be responsible for footing the bill.
Call (866) 691-0607 today to speak to a food poisoning attorney and let us stand up for you or your loved one.