We Are Crumley Roberts

Steps to Take After a Work Accident

Workers’ Comp Attorneys Serving North Carolina

If you have been injured on the job, the steps you take now can directly impact your ability to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Crumley Roberts is here to offer guidance and support in your time of need, and we welcome you to call our offices at any time for a free, confidential consultation. Our workers’ comp lawyers have also included some helpful insight regarding the steps to take immediately after a workplace accident in North Carolina.

If you have been injured at work or diagnosed with a work-related illness:

  • Report the incident to your employer. You need to inform your manager, supervisor, or other appropriate individual at the company that you have been injured. In North Carolina, you have 30 days to report your injury. In South Carolina, you have 90 days. Be sure to inform your employer in writing of what occurred.
  • Seek medical attention. Depending on the severity of your injuries, seek emergency medical treatment or visit a designated off-site healthcare provider as specified by your employer. It is important to seek treatment at whatever facility is appropriate based on the seriousness of your injury. Be sure to inform your healthcare provider that your injury is work-related.
  • Follow your doctor’s orders. Follow the treatment plan specified by your doctor so you have the greatest opportunity of recovering as swiftly as possible.
  • File your workers’ compensation claim. In South Carolina, your employer is responsible for initiating your workers’ comp claim. In North Carolina, your employer should provide you with the appropriate form (Form 18) and your employer will need to fill out another form to initiate the workers’ comp process. You may be able to file the appropriate forms online or by mail.
  • Talk to a lawyer about your case. Talking to a legal professional about your claim can prove helpful in a number of ways. You can make sure you are on the right track, you can get help if your employer has denied that your injuries are work-related, and you can get assistance with an appeal if your claim was denied for any reason. Legal representation may be necessary if you are to receive full, fair benefits under your state’s workers’ compensation program.

For more information about the steps to take after a work accident, please call our offices at (866) 691-0607. We are here to help!

Workers' Compensation

View More

Crumley Roberts,

We care about you like we care about our family.
  • Please enter your name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.